Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Ice Storm

Well...we've been without power for six days now. This was our beautiful front tree:

We really can't complain too much, though. We've been staying with my wonderful parents, who have opened their doors to us, Will's parents, and our dear friends with their two daughters (none of us had power). It was actually quite the fun slumber party!!




By this weekend it seems that most of our city has regained power, except for us. Although it's inconvenient to not be home, especially at this busy time of year, it does have its perks. We essentially have live-in babysitters (aka my parents) who let us sleep in, take naps, run errands, go Christmas shopping, and even go on a few dates! Will told my parents that we actually got our electricity back 3 days ago, but were content to stay with them! Thanks Mom & Dad for spoiling us, housing us, and for making yummy dinners and homemade bread pudding with lemon sauce! We will happily go home 10 pounds heavier! (if our power ever comes back!) By the way, I am so proud of Will, he has lost 70 pounds over the last few months! Now off to our movie marathon...

5 comments:

lindsayloo said...

so good to hear from you! Im glad you have a blog now. makes it much easier to keep in touch!! I can't believe you have been without power for so long!!! BTW, I totally remember your parents house! Remember I came and stayed with you for the weekend once?!?! That was so fun!!!
I'm glad you are doing so well. Hope your power comes back soon. =)

Ava said...

Hi! Bummer that you were without power - but the slumber party does look quite fun! That bread pudding sounds fabulous! Does Molly share the recipe?

Love, jka

Sara Neufeld said...

Your poor tree!! That looks so sad....but the slumber party looks fun! :)

Anonymous said...

okay ... just showing off with all your talk of lights and power and fun slumber parties! Day nine at the Keep house and still no electricity! Okay, so we're not exactly at the Keep house (it's about 42 degrees there!)
We have, however, had time to revise several Christmas carols ...like ...
"All I want for Christmas is my lights and heat, my lights and heat, and I would wish you Merry Christmas"
or
"You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout but our power's still out ... is Santa Claus still coming to town?
I won't bore you with anymore but if we get to the "12 days of No Power" it's going to get ugly!
stay warm! Laura

Elizabeth said...

Hi there! I just found your blog and I am so glad I did. I've been meaning to call you and see if your power is back on. I hope so, even though it sounds like you've had tons of fun.